Executive Director, Strategic Development
Solution Executive Director, Strategic Development
Peter Templeton is Executive Director, Strategic Development at IfM Engage and is responsible for:
- developing IfM Engage’s healthcare practice;
- supporting the development of the company’s strategy;
- managing selected client relationships.
Prior to taking up his current role, Peter was Chief Executive Officer of IfM Engage (formerly IfM Education and Consultancy Services) from 2003 to 2017.
Peter’s expertise includes:
- Understanding clients’ needs and helping to bring together IfM research and IfM Engage services to deliver near- and long-term client value.
- Helping to accelerate the translation of research into innovations and practice across a range of disciplines, including software, management and medical sciences.
Management and leadership
- Leadership and management in growing firms and early-stage ventures in a complex multi-stakeholder environment.
- Structured approaches for developing and implementing business strategy, business models, innovation.
- Experience of a wide range of sectors, including chemicals, consumer products, energy, food, healthcare, nuclear reprocessing and pharmaceuticals.
- Developing business support methods and programmes for early-stage ventures and established SMEs.
Peter was Chief Executive Officer of IfM Engage (formerly IfM Education and Consultancy Services) from 2003 to 2017. During his tenure, the company collaborated with IfM academics to develop a range of research outputs which are disseminated to industrial, government and academic clients. The company also built a novel multi-stakeholder business model that enables:
- clients to use and to realise value from IfM research and education;
- academics to learn from the application of their work and to realise impact for their research;
- IfM research groups to receive income to support further research and development.
Peter has 25 years’ experience in manufacturing and manufacturing-related services. Early in his career, Peter worked in chemical process design and operations; subsequently he developed a broad range of client-facing experiences with companies providing computer systems, software and services to the process manufacturing sector, encompassing systems for MRP II / ERP, Manufacturing Execution, Engineering Design and Supply Chain Planning and Execution.
He also leads the charity The William Templeton Foundation for Young People’s Mental Health.
Peter graduated in chemical engineering from Leeds University and completed the University of Cambridge postgraduate Advanced Course in Production Methods and Management.