Emerging stronger: Accelerating sustainable manufacturing post COVID-19
In this webinar, Professor Steve Evans presents his views and insights on where sustainable manufacturing is headed over the next decade, followed by a discussion with a panel from across the industry.
Sustainability was at the top of business strategic agendas in 2019 and 2020 – driven by waves of news about climate change, plastics, bio-diversity and dangers highlighted in the UN Sustainable Development Goals. These risks have come to monopolise the World Economic Forum’s annual surveys of business and political leaders.
The pandemic has helped many to realise the implications of failure in this area and now there are more and more companies – from iconic multinationals to SMEs of all types – committing to sustainability change targets. There are huge implications in this for manufacturing businesses. Our research with large and small manufacturers across many sectors shows that too many are reacting to events and too few are being strategic in their approaches.
In this webinar, Professor Steve Evans presents his views and insights on where sustainable manufacturing is headed over the next decade and beyond including:
- key sustainability trends and initiatives that manufacturing leaders should be aware of
- how they interact and compete
- where manufacturers need to focus their efforts and;
- the type of appropriate strategies.
Our panel then provide a response to Steve’s presentation as well as taking questions from the audience.
SPEAKERS AND PANEL:
- Professor Steve Evans, Director of Research, Centre for Industrial Sustainability, Institute for Manufacturing
- Gary Punter, Visiting Fellow, Institute for Manufacturing and former CTO of AB Sugar
- Steve Hope, Head of ESG Coordination, Toyota Europe
- Sarah Mukherjee, Chief Executive Officer, IEMA
- Martin Roehrig, Head of Factory of the Future and Demonstrators, Airbus
- Kresse Wesling MBE, Co-Founder, Elvis and Kresse
- Olivia Whitlam, Head of Sustainability, Siemens
WATCH THE PANEL DISCUSSION HIGHLIGHTS:
ACCESS THE FULL WEBINAR RECORDING:
The webinar was part of the launch of the Sustainability Association, providing member companies with the right knowledge, right expertise and right network to accelerate sustainable change in their organisations.